|7||Miami||23||Notre Dame||39||St. Joseph’s||57||UAB|
|10||N Carolina||26||Texas Tech||42||Cincinnati||60||New Mex St|
|11||W Virginia||27||S Carolina||43||Tulsa||61||S F Austin|
|12||Duke||28||Oregon St||44||St. Bona||62||Winthrop|
|13||Maryland||29||Wisconsin||45||Wichita St||63||Weber St|
|14||Purdue||30||Seton Hall||46||St. Mary’s||64||Bucknell|
|49||San Diego St||67||Wagner|
|50||S Dakota St||68||Texas So|
Last four in: Butler, Tulsa, Cincinnati, St. Bona
First four out: Temple, Florida, Alabama, George Wash
Fell out: Florida, Alabama
Now in: Butler, St. Bonaventure
ACC: 7, Pac-12: 7, Big-12: 7, Big-10: 7, SEC: 4, Big East: 5, A-10:4, AAC: 3
- Vanderbilt on down could all play their way out of the tournament. Syracuse on up should feel very safe.
- Oregon has a strong case for #1 seed, but I think the committee will give it to traditional power, Michigan St.
- Virginia, Miami, and North Carolina are all in the mix for a #1 seed, but it’s likely only one of them will get it and possible that none of them will.
- The A-10 and AAC are duking it out on the bubble. It’s UConn, Cincy, Tulsa, and Temple vs. VCU, St. Joseph’s, and St. Bonaventure.
- Teams who would be on bubble without the AQ bid: Wichita St, St. Mary’s, Gonzaga, Monmouth, Valpo, Ark-LR. These are the conferences to look to for bid stealing tourney winners in addition to the major conferences.
- High impact bubble games this week and weekend: Memphis at Temple, Cincy at Houston, UConn at SMU, Vandy at Texas A&M, Ohio St at Michigan St, GW at Davidson, Syracuse at Florida State, LSU at Kentucky, Iowa at Michigan, VCU at Dayton, SMU at Cincy
- These reflect my prediction of the Selection Committee’s selections as if today were Selection Sunday, not a prediction of what will happen on the actual Selection Sunday.
- AQ-only conference champions are selected by standings then RPI.
- These do no reflect “building the bracket” adjustments. I will make those in my final bracket prediction only.